We are proud to announce that from 15/05/2013 the Pannon University is hosting the website of IEEE IAS Hungarian Chapter.
Together with this, we placed the website to a new base, which means a more dynamic and interactive system.
Some of the new features are:
- IEEE-document style frontend for visitors
- user authentication and rights (different levels)
- automated registration (currently disabled, registration is done manually by the administrator)
- automated post and event handling and publishing through the website (for registered and authenticated users)
- inner version-tracking system for authors
- newsletter (in progress)
Currently, the membership and Chapter development in North America, IEEE Regions 1–7, and outside North America, IEEE Regions 8–10, differ significantly. Figure 1 reflects a certain saturation in the number of North American Chapters, whereas in Regions 8–10, Chapter development is undergoing considerable growth. Two kinds of Chapters can be distinguished: the classical technical Chapters, which belong to the IEEE Industry Applications Society (IAS), and the IEEE section and student branch Chapters (SBCs), which belong to the IAS and the IEEE student branch of a university.
2012 – A Great Year in Student Chapter Development
The IEEE Industry Applications Society (IAS) Chapters and Membership Department’s (CMD’s) Annual Chapter Workshop is one of the most important events of the year. The workshop, organized traditionally in conjunction with the 1AS Annual Meeting, was held in Las Vegas, Nevada, on 6-10 October 2012.
The Annual CMD and Chapter Workshop 2012 in Las Vegas